Creative, Green Gifts for Mother's Day
This Mother's Day, why not treat mom to something special - and green? We've compiled some of our favorite ideas for the lady on your list, all of which give just as much back to her as Mother Nature. Customize one of the below gifts or create your own concept and leave us a comment divulging your creativity...
For the Gardening Mother
- In a terra-cotta planter, arrange a slew of gardening essentials to kick off planting season. Organic seeds, durable gloves made with natural fabrics, and homemade plant markers crafted from shaved sticks.
- Plan a day trip for you and mom to the local farmer's market (find one near you, here). In additon to quality time spent together, treat her to a few of her favorite, organic starter plants to really get this year's garden growing.
For the Spa-Goer Mom
- Pamper mom from head to toe with a gift certificate to one of these luxuriously sustainable spas. Rated Top 10 Green Spas and Resorts by Organic Spa Magazine, they're sure to provide pure indulgence for an hour - or a weekend.
- Make it a DIY day when you whip up one or more of these sweet-smelling homemade body scrubs at home. Pair your pedicure-worthy treat with a set of eco-friendly nail polishes.
For the Hostess Mama
- Brighten her eyes with beautiful dining accessories for outdoor, springtime dinners. These bamboo platters are sure to delight, as will these recycled glass goblets.
- Guests will oooh and ahhh over natural decor like this french herb wreath when it's hung on the front door. Surprise mom with something unexpected, but traditionally lovely.